These tips were adapted from one of John Maxwell book I read few years ago. I cannot remember the book precisely. However, I think these tips can help someone. In order to succeed at your thinking schedule, you may consider the following:
- Expose yourself to good input. Read books, review trade magazines, listen to tapes and spend time with good thinkers. Also, put your thought into writing and keep it somewhere in your favorite thinking place to stimulate your thinking
- Expose yourself to good thinkers: Spend time with right people. If you want to be a sharp thinker, be around sharp people.
- Choose to think good thought! You must be intentional about good thoughts. Put yourself in the right place to think, stretch, and land your thoughts. Make it a priority. Thinking is a discipline. Get a thinking schedule.
- Act on your good thoughts. Think through – then follow through.
- Allow your emotions to create another good thought: If you wait until you feel like doing something, you will likely never accomplish it. You cannot wait until you feel like thinking before you do it. Create a momentum for yourself.
- Repeat the process: One good thought does not make a good life. The people who have one good thought and try to ride an entire career often end unhappy or destitute. Success come to those who have an entire mountain of gold that they continuously mine, not those who find one nugget and try to live on it for fifty years. To become someone who can mine a lot of gold, you need to keep repeating the process of good thinking.